Welcome To Jeff Mackay Mechanical
We specialize in providing quality propane and oil equipment, heating and cooling services as well as air duct and dryer vent cleaning. All of our services are for residential or light commercial applications. Please give us a call if you have any questions regarding our services or pricing!
We sell high-quality, brand name equipment and are happy to recommend a system appropriate for your application.
Some things to consider when trying to decide between oil-fired or propane systems.
- Propane furnaces offer you warmer air than electric heating systems. A gas furnace heats air to about 120F and operates in short intervals to minimize operating costs.
- According to the US Department of Energy, heating a home with gas costs half as much on average than heating with electricity.
- A propane furnace should last 15-20 years
- A propane furnace can be vented vertically or horizontally, eliminating the need for chimneys.
- New propane gas furnaces are smaller than previous models, minimizing the area needed for installation in your home.
Propane powered furnaces are subject to venting requirements, so service and repair should be performed by licensed professionals.
LP gas furnaces range in size and capacity to handle larger scale heating requirements such as whole house heating. Propane gas logs can be used for heating indoors or outdoors, a great way to create an atmosphere in your home or restaurant. LP gas water heaters are available in standard and tank less. The standard water heater has the capacity ranging from 40 gallons to 100 gallons. The tank less water heaters are on demand water heaters that take up little space and will decrease your fuel consumption and emissions.
Never modify or repair your propane system yourself. Contact Jeff MacKay Mechanical and have a trained technician to do the work for you!