Boiler services include a set of checks and tests by an HVAC specialist to ensure that your boiler is performing in tip-top shape. A good boiler service means that an HVAC specialist checks the correct gas pressure and flow in addition to the flue and combustion of the boiler.
This article will explain the top boiler services your HVAC specialist should offer.
What is boiler service?
Boiler services are an annual check and test conducted to make sure your boiler is working efficiently. It’s a service that all boiler manufacturers recommend. If you do not get your boiler checked annually, your warranty with the company you purchased it from will likely be void.
Boiler services cannot be carried out on your own. You need someone who is certified to carry out boiler services.
What’s included in boiler service?
When you call a certified HVAC technician for boiler services, they will perform the following:
- Visual inspection. To start, an HVAC technician will inspect your boiler. You will have to find an HVAC technician and hire someone you trust. The technician you hire will look at your boiler and its control. This will help them ascertain that the parts are working correctly. During the visual examination of your boiler, the technician will pay special attention to any weak points, such as gas leaks and corrosion damage. They will also check the flame of the boiler.
- Removal of the casing. Once an HVAC technician looks at your boiler from the outside, they will remove the boiler’s casing. They will then check the boiler's main components to ensure they are operating as they regularly should. When the engineer removes the casing, they will check the heat exchanger, main injector, burner, and spark probe.
- Flue check. By conducting a boiler check, the engineer will also ensure there are no obstructions in the flue terminals and check if the flue is safely fitted or not. This will also help them check to see if there are any dangerous emissions being discharged.
- Gas pressure check. A boiler works with the help of gas pressure. For this reason, the boiler must have optimum gas pressure at all times. If it doesn’t, the water in the taps and radiators will not heat up to the level it should.
- Boiler fired up. This check allows the technician to see if there are any working faults in the boiler.
- Issuance of the report. Once the HVAC technician thoroughly examines your boiler and conducts all the necessary tests, they will leave a report with you. This should let you see all the problems, if any, in your boiler and provide a guide on how to look at it so that it operates efficiently and effectively.
Book a consultation with Jeff Mackay Mechanical for expert HVAC services in New Hampshire.
Jeff Mackay Mechanical works with residential and commercial property owners to show them the benefit of annual HVAC maintenance. A mechanical professional can perform regular service to keep heating and cooling systems operating at peak performance. You’ll also avoid the disruption, discomfort, and expense of emergency repairs when something malfunctions. Jeff Mackay grew up in the HVAC business. He knows a wide variety of systems inside and out, enabling him to work efficiently at every service appointment. Keep your home or office comfortable all year when you schedule service with Jeff.
Contact Jeff Mackay Mechanical for a free consultation and to learn more about our range of HVAC services.